Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Turkey-Loaf with Mash Potatoes

There was ground turkey in the refrigerator and I was wondering what to do with it? Make burgers? Been there done that. I wanted to do something different and the idea of meatloaf came to mind. I did some internet research and found some ideas of what to do with it.

1 small onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
saute in little EVOO (you don't want it TOO wet) and S&P for 5-7 minutes
let cool

1 lb of ground turkey
about a cup of bread crumbs (I had Italian style on hand)
1 egg
S&P
ground dried sage

preheat oven at 425 degrees
combine everything in the bowl and on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and shape the turkey mixture into a loaf. Bake for 50-55 minutes

I made mash potatoes to go alongside with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment