Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Chili



For saute pan:
-extra virgin olive oil, about twice turns around the pan
-1 onion
-1 pound of ground beef
Heat oil over medium high heat and saute onions for a few minutes, season with S&P. Add ground beef till brown

Meanwhile...
I use my crockpot for this

For crockpot:
-1 red pepper*
-1 yellow pepper*
-1 pint of cremini mushrooms (or button)
-1 pint of cherry tomatoes
-1 can of cannellini beans, drain
-1 can of black beans, add along juice
-a couple of cloves of garlic, 2-5 (I do love garlic)
-1-2 poblano pepper*
-2 fresno chili peppers*
-1-2 cubanella pepper*
-1 jalapeno pepper*
-small can of tomato paste

I've use McCormmick's original chili spice mix before or can make your own (I measure by eyeballing by my palm of my hand)
-chili powder
-paprika
-cumin
-italian seasonings (herbs)
-beef bouillon cube, crushed into a powder form
-S&P

combine all in the crockpot, sauted beef and onions included. Set the crockpot on medium or high for 6 to 12 hours (if you want it as tonight's, or tomorrow's dinner, make it during the day like in the morning, early afternoon)

Once you are ready to eat, I tend to use cheddar cheese for the topping

You don't like beef? Use chicken or put no meat at all to make it vegetarian- just double the veggies and beans

*- If you don't want the heat, take out the ribs and seeds out of the peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment